Aristocrat Gold Star with cards on reels

General vintage slot machine related topics.
aristomatic

Re: Aristocrat Gold Star with cards on reels

Post by aristomatic »

I suggest you follow medical advice and rehabilitate. Take your time. I've been very poorly for 12 months and not restoring or working on any machines any more. My brother is helping me in lifting items to photograph so I can keep busy selling some machines and parts, but it's no fun when you cannot do what you used to be able. Hopefully, your issues are temporary, I hope so - good luck!

Just keep researching and asking questions here. I'm not online much these days now, but others can give you great advice and assistance.
marivo10

Post by marivo10 »

Thanks for your nice and wise words. Still got a few months to rehabilitate. Can someone explain to me where the coins go after the escalator. It goes into a tube, that's all I know. What happens if the tube is filled? Are they going to the jackpot or cashbox?
Are these the coins the Aristocrat original needs?
Attachments
ScreenShot034.png
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

When tube filled, then goes into jackpot; when that is full, into cashbox. Yes, they used sixpences.
marivo10

Post by marivo10 »

Thanks, payouts are very strange 10 pays sometimes 1, and sometimes 3. 10 pays 2, should be five.
Very irregular.
3 aces anywhere did pay out so I can assume it's a Wild Aces mechanic?
Difference between a sixpence and a Dutch 25ct are very small.
Size 6D19.4 mm. Size 25ct 19mm.
Thickness 6D 1.50mm. Thickness 25ct 1.55 mm.
Weight 6D 2.83 Gr. Weight 25ct 3 Gr.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If you want to test all the payouts, it's usually best done with the mech out of the case, but by chance your particular type of machine allows you to do it with the mech in the case as well.
So with the door open, put in a coin and pull the handle, as soon as the reels start to spin quickly push a cloth into the mech low on the left side(you will see a fan spinning there, your intention is to block the fan from spinning, no damage will be done). Once the fan stops the reels will freewheel, stop them by hand and position them for the desired win and hold them in place while you pull out the cloth, the fan starts up again and the cycle continues. once it ends the machine will deal with the payout you set up by hand.
Also, remember that these card style reel strips are not unusual, most aristos in Australia had them and they were used in Europe to a much lesser degree as well, your machine has been altered considerably from lighting to glass changes so payouts might also be unusual, list them all and check they pay the same every time (if the machine is set to take 6d then using ANY other coin will most likely affect the payout numbers) and let us know. :cool:
marivo10

Post by marivo10 »

Hello, thanks for your information. I did stop the "fan" and payment is 2 or 3 less than it should be.
High prizes pay 3 less; low prizes, 2 less.
Jackpot works on 3 aces and on 3 gold stars.
So I think I gonna buy a bulk of sixpences from the UK.
Anybody know where I can buy a bulk outside of E-bay?
How many will fill the tube?
!THUMBS!
Bulbs are replaced for LED tubes.
Attachments
20210820_184621.jpg
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Evening ivo. The shortage of payout with one coin instead of three is too much for old Dutch quarter. Normally it have to pay out three coins I think. Sadly I don’t have a 6 pence machine at the moment so I can’t compare. Could it be a timing problem? Where do you live in the Netherlands?
Greetings hans.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Ebay UK is as good as anyone, but search through the list. There are some lower-priced than others, perhaps 100 fills the payout tube? My advice is to buy some cheap tokens or use low-value Dutch/Euro coins to fill the jackpot by hand or you will never get any going to the cash box so you can play the machine.
marivo10

Post by marivo10 »

dutchboy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:11 pm Evening ivo. The shortage of payout with one coin instead of three is too much for old Dutch quarter. Normally it have to pay out three coins I think. Sadly I don’t have a 6 pence machine at the moment so I can’t compare. Could it be a timing problem? Where do you live in the Netherlands?
Greetings hans.
Hello Hans, 3 pays 2 and 5 pays 3, Iive in Tilburg.

I can buy a bulk a sixpence. Does it solve the paying problem using sixpence???
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Ivo here's a picture showing the difference between six pence and quarters. I think there should be a shortage of one with the 5 pay out. I don’t have a lot of sixpences at the moment sadly. I will send you a message.
Attachments
C557AD62-23D1-422F-AB1C-02AB216494FAa.jpg
marivo10

Post by marivo10 »

Hello, that's close, but I found out payments are irregular, just 10 - - paid 3 like it should.
Don't know much about the mechanics of these slots.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Hi ivo, I ust sent a message. Maybe the other members have an answer for the following question. Is it possible that the spring is too strong for the slide so the slide pulls back too fast? This because the payout varies from 1 to 3 coins?
Greetings
marivo10

Post by marivo10 »

Thanks, just got a win on 10 - - and it took a few seconds before the pay out came.
Is it an option to clean the pay out slides and oil them?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Cleaning and lightly polishing the slides should help. Don't oil them though - that will cause them to stick and accumulate dirt.