Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself.
chopper

Hello

Post by chopper »

Hi everyone,
I have been looking on this site for a while now and I have learnt quite a bit about slot machines and I enjoy working on them, so I thought I would sign up.
Is there anybody who could help me get hold of some Mills or Sega payout finger springs?
The springs on my latest machine are all chewed up.
Thanks
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by badpenny »

Hi, and welcome on board.

You can get springs from America'land that are described as suitable. Mr. Slot for example (http://www.mrslot1.com/)
Alternatively pop down to Machine Mart, Screwfix or ToolStation who sell plastic boxes of assorted springs. https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cht394- ... ollection/

You might have to snip or tweak to fit, but are cheaper and more immediate.

BP :cool:
chopper

Post by chopper »

Thanks,
I think I will get a box of springs and see how I get on. I've got eight payout fingers,
so I will have some fun getting them just right. I wouldn't mind but it only pays out three different amounts.
Cheers
brigham

Post by brigham »

It needs to pay out more than three different amounts.
Some previous bodger has left his mark!
chopper

Post by chopper »

I know, and it's not even correct on the pay card. I think Frankenstein made it.
Once I get it running like it should, I might think about changing the fingers or fabricating them to push more levers out.
I have ordered 8 upper springs from MrSlot with shipping 20.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

chopper wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:34 pmOnce I get it running like it should, I might think about changing the fingers or fabricating them to push more levers out
It won't be the fingers that need changing. You need to start by running a test on all the payout disc holes.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The most common fiddle to eliminate higher value payouts is to obstruct the relevant holes on the pay out discs.
Other ways would be to remove the relevant fingers completely.
Without photos of the areas concerned it's hard to confirm which.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think he's trying to increase the payouts BP, not reduce them.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

He sure is, however I'm describing what a previous owner may have done to it in order to reduce pay outs.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

just as I said !!RAYOF!!
It won't be the fingers that need changing. You need to start by running a test on all the payout disc holes.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I haven't seen the machine, so I am unable to definitively judge that the fingers don't need changing.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Whilst we are on the subject of reducing payouts, another classic operator adjustment was to attach vertical metal rod or screw through the rear top of the slidestack coverplate.

A short rod or screw to ensure the jackpot slide didn't trip or longer rod or screw to retain the jackpot slide plus 1 or more of the higher payout slides, leaving the lower payout slides still free to move backwards as normal.

I always smile when I come across one of the very many various operator adjustments, even though I would have been shafted by everyone of them in my younger playing days.

Checkout those payout disk holes first and then see if fingers have been messed with though.
chopper

Post by chopper »

The vertical payout fingers at the bottom have been cut out or changed so they don't push too many horizontal bars out.
I was thinking about welding the gaps back up or just getting some different fingers.
I am not to bothered the jackpot is 8000/1 :HaHa:
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

aristomatic wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:23 am Whilst we are on the subject of reducing payouts, another classic operator adjustment was to attach vertical metal rod or screw through the rear top of the slidestack coverplate.
One that I found was a screwed-on "slug" on the 1st reel 20 tooth cog. It stopped the BAR symbol from appearing on the pay line. I wondered why the plum below it would appear so often and I soon found out!