Streets "Get Rich!" penny pusher 1980s?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
gonzo56split

Streets "Get Rich!" penny pusher 1980s?

Post by gonzo56split »

Hi all.
I am trying to find information on a machine I used to play at Woolacombe Amusements in the late 1980s to 1990s.
I believe it was called Get Rich and was a 1p coin pusher machine. They apparently tried using 20ps in but it never worked properly. I believe it was made by Streets, and was a 6 player game and possibly did come in a 2 player option, but can't confirm.
Looking for information on it of any sort. Any help please.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: "Get Rich" penny pusher 1980s?

Post by pennymachines »

Welcome to the site gonzo!

Forum member malcymal has mentioned this pusher a couple of times, but nobody else seems to have memories or pictures of it. He even recalls a single player version.
malcymal wrote: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:24 pm I found the pushers by Cromptons the most amusing of machines when I was a lad, Crompton Cakewalk and then the later machine called Get Rich where the coins would stack in columns on their sides. If you got a coin to lie flat you would push out about 10 coins, get another one of their side, another 10... The most I ever got on their sides was 4, which was extremely rare. I did happen to see a single player Get Rich at Coles Amusements in Littlehampton, so I know they made them.
malcymal wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:51 pm Does anybody remember the pusher, Get Rich, where the coins stacked on their sides in columns? When your coin managed to fall flat you could push the equivalent width of the coin in stacked 2 pence pieces. About 20p a time. You could then lay another coin flat and push on the previous. I think I managed 4 coins flat in a row once, which was a miracle.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: "Get Rich" penny pusher 1980s?

Post by pennymachines »

Reviewing the piece I wrote in 2018 about the products of Streets Automatics & Amusement Co. (Arena), I see I included a small image of Get Rich!, which looks like it was copied from a flyer. I would be intrigued to see exactly how the coin-on-edge system described by Malcymal worked, and whether there was anything players could do to get a coin to fall flat.
Attachments
Streets Get Rich! 6 player pusher
Streets Get Rich! 6 player pusher