Allwin Double Your Money

General vintage slot machine related topics.
double

Re: Allwin Double Your Money

Post by double »

I have begun the rekey process. Please post a picture of the front and back of one good looking lock. The pictures will help me when at the antique stores this week. Thank you.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

You already have one, so I'm not sure how another picture helps. !PUZZLED!
Here's the lock on a similar (Philip Shefras Jackpot) allwin. I'd have to disassemble to show both sides of the lock, but it looks similar to yours.
Attachments
J-lock.jpg
double

Post by double »

Sorry for my confusion. I thought my lock is not original and was going to search for a replacement. Favor please; can you post a photo of one of those keys I can see on the ring. If you can put key next to a ruler it will help me know the dimension. Thank you and a Merry Christmas
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Double, photos of a random key won't really help, you have all the dimensions you need with your lock already. These were cheaply made locks and sloppy from new, especially so after years of use and abuse and even original keys will stop working well or at all, so best to custom fit the key to each lock.
double

Post by double »

Appreciate the old lock and new key puzzle. But with a picture of a key on a ruler then I will have a head start on trying to cut my own key. Love the challenge. Merry Christmas
double

Post by double »

Sir, when I zoom in on your picture of locks and key ring it appears all of those keys are the same, a key slab with only two slots. Perhaps that is the same key type I need. Please post a picture with one of those keys aligned with a ruler so I can attempt to make a key. Thank you
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I'm unconvinced that this will help...
Attachments
keys.jpg
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

I've got 2 locks with no keys and I'm just in the process of trying to fix one. I bought 2 blanks and I've split the lock by grinding off the 2 tabs. It's a very simple 2 lever mechanism but I can see there are a variety of combinations and it's going to be quite a precise job to get the right degree of 'lift' for each lever. The plan is that I fix them back together with a blob of solder when (and if) I get it to work.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

jimmy55 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:16 pm I've got 2 locks with no keys and I'm just in the process of trying to fix one. I bought 2 blanks and I've split the lock by grinding off the 2 tabs. Its a very simple 2 lever mechanism but I can see there are a variety of combinations and its going to be quite a precise job to get the right degree of 'lift' for each lever. The plan is that I fix them back together with a blob of solder when ( and if ) I get it to work.
I never grind off the tabs for locks that do not have screws, but just gently lever a large screwdriver under the cover to retain the original fixtures. You can also use a small punch, which is what I do on locks like Mills locks. You can then use the original tabs when refitting and flattening to lock in.

Some people bodge the levers. In fact, often a locksmith will do this, cutting them so only one lever actually does the locking. I have made an effort not to do this and always take time removing small amounts of metal at a time and testing and testing again.