Gearbox for Conveyor

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
andreas

Gearbox for Conveyor

Post by andreas »

My name is Andreas and I live near Hannover (Germany). Please, excuse my imperfect English.
I bought an incomplete Conveyor many years ago. The gearbox is missing. The engine is still there and works. It is a "Stevenson & Lovett", RPM 2500. Does anybody know which gearbox was used? Can someone tell me the exact type designation? Maybe someone still has such a gearbox left?
I find the machine very nice and would be very happy to be able to use it again.
Attachments
IMG_5644a.jpg
gameswat

Re: Gearbox for Conveyor

Post by gameswat »

So Andreas - you have a Fault! haha. I happen to be working on two examples right now. My own with original motor, and another for a customer that I had to find a motor suitable in my parts, because what was in his was garbage. The speed out of the original gearbox output running on 240 volts is 140 rpm. The original drive wheel has an inner diameter of 40mm. But that still needs slowing down with the rheostat once attached to the machine. For the customers game I found a Parvalux motor marked at 4000rpm before the gearbox. I can't remember now what the output was from the gearbox but much faster than original. Once I applied a rheostat the speed was easily adjustable to run correctly, and using the same 40mm size drive wheel. I stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the gearbox before testing so I would have a correct measurement - but still needs a good external clean. Seems to me most owners and restorers are far too lazy or indifferent to bother rebuilding motors unless they completely stop! I rebuild EVERY single one that comes through my workshop and makes a world of difference I can assure you all. Also from a safety factor many times the internal wiring has degraded terribly due to oil and heat. So either replacement wiring is called for or sometimes multiple layers of heatshrink.
Attachments
conveyor-motor-2a.jpg
conveyor-motor-1a.jpg
slotsoffun

Re: Gearbox for Conveyor

Post by slotsoffun »

I have the "speed regulator" unit for original Conveyor if anyone interested?