Duchess reel strip order

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Duchess reel strip order

Post by coppinpr »

Does anyone have one of the Duchess revamps? If so, could you let me have the symbol order for each strip? I have someone restoring one and it has no reel strips at all and I said I'd try and find out the order (I'm guessing they were all the same? Not my sort of machine I'm afraid). :cool:
mikef

Re: Duchess reel strip order

Post by mikef »

Should be able to help.
If you could send me a picture of the award card, I will confirm it's the same as mine and go from there.
Mike
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

ok,ill contact the owner and get back to you, thanks !THUMBS!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

this is the award card.( I think its a standard set)
duchess 7 1a small only.jpg

mikef

Post by mikef »

Hi
See attached reel order from my duchess....
I noticed that the orange on mine might be the tomato on yours, so I have also attached my score card for comparison.
Hope it helps :D
Attachments
20220317_234931a.jpg
20220317_233423a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

That's perfect thanks, it's the guy's first attempt at a restoration (in fact his first machine) and he really got into it, he will be very pleased to be able to get reel strips thanks very much indeed !!THUMBSX2!!

I am a little confused, the list you have given me has no pear on reel one yet your payout card shows one? on reel 2 you show bell, orange, plum, tomato, I assume all the oranges should be tomatoes?

I always thought the "tomato" on these were actually "apples" but perhaps they ARE tomatoes :lol:
mikef

Post by mikef »

You are right... probably on all counts. :HaHa:
I mistook the pear (second to bottom) on the first reel, for a plum.
Makes sense it's an apple as opposed to a tomato, as they are all from trees... except, of course, the bell!
I would agree that all the tomatoes, or should I say apples, are oranges...
And on that note, having completely confused myself !PUZZLED! , I will wish your friend all the luck in his restoration. !!THUMBSX2!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Strangely it turns out that there are both oranges and apples on the middle reel. As oranges are not winners, they don't appear on the award card, only on the middle strip. Another oddity I've noticed on this machine's payout is that some plums are winnersm while some are not. All the plums on reel 3 (and there are 4 of them) are losers. I don't think I've ever seen that on any other reel strip make up. This means plum - plum - bell pays 8, while plum-plum-plum pays nothing. If you were a seasoned player that would come as a shock :shock: and there is one more confusing payout. If any - cherry - any pays 2 (sometimes, but only if the "anys" have red lines) and any - any - cherry pays 2, what does any - cherry - cherry pay if the "any" has red lines? 2 or 4? Nothing on the award card to say, but most likely only 2. Another disappointment for the player, not to mention apples, any - any - apple pays 2, but apple - apple - apple also pays 2. :lol:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Does it help to remember that winning symbols have horizontal lines in the background while losers are just white?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

yes, we know that! it even hints at it on the award card(which is more than it did on most of the original German machines), but it doesn't make it any less unusual ;-) and it doesn't answer the any - cherry - cherry question, as both cherries have red lines
brigham

Post by brigham »

What an amazing award card!
The only three-of-a-kind winner is for bells; all the others are losers.
It's like something I might have come up with...