Duchess on free play

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
peacock

Duchess on free play

Post by peacock »

Hi everyone.
Hope you can point me in the right direction. I'm restoring a Duccess machine. It was working perfectly before I stripped it down to clean. Put it back together all fine, except you no longer have to put a penny in to operate. I'm not sure what I've done wrong. Any ideas would be great fully appreciated.
treefrog

Re: Duccess

Post by treefrog »

Do you mean Duchess !PUZZLED!

Perhaps take a picture of the coin accepting area so we can see.
peacock

Re: Duchess

Post by peacock »

Sorry for the confusion, I do mean Duchess. Unfortunately I can't do pictures. I know this makes things tricky. I know it's a German mechanical machine, so would it could be a coin enter problem or a pull handle problem?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Most common problem with these conversations, this used a basic coin detector, which can easily jam with a coin and operate on free play. I will take a picture when I get a chance, but is there a coin stuck on the right hand of the chute at top on the inside of the machine?
peacock

Post by peacock »

Thanks for trying to help,. It's driving me nuts. No coin jam unfortunately, but I'll take a look at springs etc.
peacock

Repost due to spelling error Duchess

Post by peacock »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Does anyone know what part of the mechanism stops the handle being pulled without putting a penny in?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

See below where the coin should drop with the red arrow. It gets pulled down by the lever circled in green. If the lever is stuck up, the handle assembly will think a coin is there. Often this is where coins jam. What happens when yours is operated? The problem may also exist on the handle assembly as well.
Attachments
4DF2BF5F-BF63-4CE1-93D2-D0F6805246BBa.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Repost due to spelling error Duchess

Post by badpenny »

peacock wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:42 am Does anyone know what part of the mechanism stops the handle being pulled without putting a penny in?
There isn't.
The German Günter Wulff mechanism always descends when pulled.
The entry of the coin engages the handle with the mechanism, once the game is played the coin is pulled through the gate and it travels to the coin tube. Now that the gate is empty the handle disengages from the mechanism and merely pulls down.

Without photos from you peacock this could take a while exploring everything from missing springs to something replaced backwards.
You may have someone close by who can tell you quickly what is what.
Where are you?
I am in The City of Lincoln

BP :cool:
peacock

Re: Repost due to spelling error Duchess

Post by peacock »

Thank you for the info. At least I know the general principle of how it works. You have put me on the right track.
peacock

Re: Duchess on free play

Post by peacock »

Thanks again for your help. I've taken another look and you have solved it. It was the top part of the coin entry stuck in the down position. A bit of WD has sorted it.
Thanks again.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Duchess on free play

Post by badpenny »

Good stuff!
Glad to be of help

BP !!THUMBSX2!!