Shefras Escalator problems

General vintage slot machine related topics.
paulmills

Shefras Escalator problems

Post by paulmills »

fullsizeoutput_ddca.jpg

Hi ya people,
Please see pictured my Shefras 1np escalator.
This has a mind of its own with many glitchy problems...
Back spring clip that lines up the coins through the escalator - after 3 - 4 coins it misses and jams up to block access for a new coin to fall in front of the coin detection point. I cannot work out why this happens other than the back clip bounces out of the channel due to spring back and then slams and pushes on top of the coins in the line! Also it had these spacer washers above the coin channel that keep falling out or jamming. I have removed them at present.
So I was thinking, if these Shefras are just gonna keep on jammin', is there a way I could simplify the mech to make it work like a Mills classic? I don't mind the coins just rolling through if so.
Any suggestions on making it work without problems would be a high top bonus bandito. !!JUNK!!
Last edited by paulmills on Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grains

Re: Shefras Escalator problems

Post by grains »

I think your escalator is actually a late Sega version rather than a Shefras. I had one of these in a Sega Light Up.
Here is a thread below which hopefully will be of use to confirm the model of escalator.
The last of the escalators
paulmills

The last of the escalators

Post by paulmills »

Post split, moved & merged - Site Admin.

Yes, this is the one I have for sure. It's from a 1np coin SEGA BELL , so that makes complete sense now.
I have removed those top washers. Not sure if these are essential, as at present the escalator jams less.( or a at a different point)
Not sure why these washers would fall down and end up blocking the coin tube. The problem is that the back clip that keeps the coins in symmetrical order jumps out of sequence soon to the leave coins jammed on the wrong side of the slider / coin detection pin. :!?!: and lots of good coins end up in the ejection tin on the side!
Does anyone know how I could adjust this escalator to be more reliable for longer lengths of play ? Please !!JUNK!!
Attachments
IMG_8485a.jpg
IMG_8484a.jpg