No Thanks

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
roger

No Thanks

Post by roger »

For years I have explained that....
I have long exceeded my life expectancy.
I live in a 1200 sq.ft. retirement home.
My dentures are falling out.
I am holding out by a string.
Despite all this, I just received the attached machine offering from a long-time machine picker.......... ROGER

I need one of these like I need another enema.
Attachments
flashlight strength.PNG
coppinpr

Re: No Thanks

Post by coppinpr »

Surely you could make a fortune in the home with it!! !!IDEA!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

So when does it arrive?
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

That’s very cool - the machine, not you needing another enema.
sentimental salvage

Post by sentimental salvage »

roger wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:17 pm For years I have explained that....
I have long exceeded my life expectancy.
I live in a 1200 sq.ft. retirement home.
My dentures are falling out.
I am holding out by a string.
Despite all this, I just received the attached machine offering from a long-time machine picker.......... ROGER

I need one of these like I need another enema.
I’ve got a shorter version. Doesn’t feel good on the lumbar region. I’m not game to give it a proper go... 😂
Attachments
0836CEAA-11F4-4A23-BD0A-A9C920762A14a.jpg
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

sentimental salvage wrote:Doesn’t feel good on the lumbar region. I’m not game to give it a proper go...

These days I measure the success of using such machines not so much as how far you can test your strength but how successfully one can prevent an uncontrolled escape of anal malodorous wind discharge, whilst pulling the handles......
roger

"OLD SPARKY"

Post by roger »

Skeleton-Electric-Chair.jpg

I grew up in an era when electricity was finding its way into every aspect of daily life...i.e. refrigerators, toasters,vacuums, electric trains, and even as a means to dispatch notorious criminals. Sing Sing prison had an electric chair which was affectionately known as "Old Sparky".
I lived with the constant fear of electrical shocks which would stand my hair on end.
When I started to collect coin-ops I avoided the electro-mechanical machines like the plague.
BIG MISTAKE as I lost out on what I consider to be two great penny arcade machines. Attached are pictures of the Rockola Baseball game and the Paces Races horse race.
RockOla1 baseball.jpg

paces races.jpg

Perhaps some tech-happy members will show these in action on our Forum... Also, I would appreciate your experiences with electro-mechanical machines such as ownership, repairing, and SHOCKS.
Give us all a good laugh with all the gory details.
Thanks, ROGER
Boy Shock.jpg
Boy Shock.jpg (13.13 KiB) Viewed 7488 times

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The first electro-mech pinball I owned (Gottlieb - Road Race) had been rewired in order to fire up when the coin entered.
I decided to put it back so a coin gave you a credit and the start button activated it.

At that point, schematics to me, resembled a map of The Cairo sewer system and I wasn't aware that manuals or books on troubleshooting existed. I therefore, sensibly concluded, that the way forward was to problem chase with the Whizz Bangery turned on at the wall.

Oh how I laughed when it occurred to me that these beasties have a variety of differing voltages trotting around inside of them.
This suggestion first raised its head to me, while I was leaning over and judiciously stabbing at the entrails with a probe. A blinding bang accompanied with a deafening flash lead to me waking up on the other side of the room with a half melted "Made in China - Bought on The Web" gadget in my hand.
The overriding memory of this event was the four day lingering aroma in my hair of Dodgem Cars.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My first machine was a Williams pinball bought for £20 in a junk cave in the King's Road London. I too knew nothing about these machines and followed BP's actions, except I was using a screwdriver... which I dropped onto the transformer... I too was rewarded with a firework show but had the added excitement of the screwdriver passing my left eye on its way to lodge in the plastic foam ceiling tiles that were all the rage in the '70s.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I recently bumped into the electric fence surrounding the goat pen - twice. Does that count? It was electrifying. The goats were laughing.

J Peterson
Light 'em up, USA. !!IDEA!!
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Found this on an electromechanical bandit I bought, a couple of years ago.
It always pays to give things the once over, before plugging in.
Attachments
plug1.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

What was the bandit?
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Sega Continental.
roger

Post by roger »

Sorry johntpeterson but your "electric goat-pen story" was a bit off-topic.
Why not tell us about the time you fell out of a Dodgem Car and received 10,000 volts. ROGER
nuns.jpg

NOW THAT'S NEWS
john t peterson

Fake news, Roger. I was wearing my rubber goat boots and avoided the shock. I did give those Nuns a good bump. (Car only.)

J Peterson
Electric personalty, USA
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

john t peterson wrote:I did give those Nuns a good bump. (Car only.)
I sincerely hope that you did not make a habit of it John and that 'none' of them were too shaken :lol:
john t peterson

Never got into a habit, Arrgee. And I'm not Catholic, either.

J Peterson
Lapsed, USA
roger

Post by roger »

nuns-target.jpg

This should keep the Nuns "on topic" and, hopefully, get us back to my original request for information on the "Paces Races" and "Rockola Baseball" penny arcade machines. ROGER
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I remember that stall, it was called "Bag a protestant" and you won a plastic rosery if you got three in a row.

But to get back to "Paces Races" as you insist.
you made a huge mis judgement by not buying this machine, and not just because its the best slot machine ever made (the Buckley bones comes a close second) but because Paces Races is barely an electric machine, only one electric entry point, leading to one quite small electric motor, and that's it! every function on the machine, from the races to the odds setting to the payout is air driven, you could have rummaged about all day in one of those and never found a live wire. But beware, only the "Paces Races" were vacuum driven, the Evens ones were full of electrikery.
el shock.jpg
el shock.jpg (20.31 KiB) Viewed 5007 times

tim575

Post by tim575 »

The Paces Races has a second electric function besides the motor. It has a light bulb. Seriously though, very complicated vacuum mechanics, vacuum relays, two different type of vacuum random number generators, and automatic payout based on odds in hidden compartment for the coins. They do need to be operated frequently. I left mine sit too long without play and now I need to work on it.