Mills Extraordinary token system

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
santelmann

Mills Extraordinary token system

Post by santelmann »

Just bought a German conversion of a Mills Extraordinary with some missing parts like escalator, jackpot, mint chutes.
DSC01161.JPG

Wooden cabinet and castings had matching numbers. I carefully cleaned the castings by avoid too much polish and added some paint.
DSC01182.JPG

Then I bought another Extraordinary (R&W London 1s) with bad welded castings for parts.
DSC01546a.jpg

Machine was in good condition with skill system (reel bundles are removed for cleaning).
DSC01176a.jpg

There is a detector in the escalator which unlocks the mint dispenser only if real coins are used.

My question:
Where are the coins sorted out from tokens? !PUZZLED!
I want the tokens in the payout tube and jackpot and the money in the cashbox.

The older Mills versions, like Operators Bell, 4 column vendor etc. have a sorting head with a small bolt which kicks out the money, but the Extraordinary is different.
treefrog

Re: Mills Extraordinary token system

Post by treefrog »

I can’t help you, but the only token detector variants I have seen is where it is dropped before getting to the end of the escalator and down a chute through the back of the jackpot to the cashbox.

Also I am sure I have seen Extraordinaries with a lower coin entry before. Maybe I am going mad.

Also, what is that hole for in the top picture at the top of the casting in the centre? !PUZZLED!