Morphys sale 9/10 Sept

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Morphys sale 9/10 Sept

Post by treefrog »

As alluded to on Le Cyclone machine, this sale is described as a well known collectors sale - Henri Krijnen.

From one of the facebook groups - the items were shipped from Europe, and what is confusing is a lot will not get their money there, as loads of Continental and English machines. !PUZZLED! Lots of Dutch organs and automatics as well… Must have cost a fortune.

https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/cat ... tionid=553
tim575

Re: Morphys sale 9/10 Sept

Post by tim575 »

It is odd to see so much shipped to the US for auction and still configured for 240 volt operation. As you note, shipping must have cost a fortune. But not all lots got shipped. It looks like anything that would fit into a standard shipping container was sent to the US, but the really big stuff is being sold where-is in a warehouse in Europe where the owner had it. It is noted in some of the descriptions. I was looking close to make sure if I bid on anything small I wouldn't need to deal with international customs and shipping. This catalog is much, much, better organized and better descriptions than I normally see in a Morphy auction. Makes me wonder if the seller helped prepare it. Most items have notes if any condition concerns, and are well grouped by type.
moonriver

Re: Morphys sale 9/10 Sept

Post by moonriver »

On first glance should be lots to interest me in this auction, but having gone through everything, (with the exception of the large automata band) nothing I desperately want to ship home.
What I did notice with the smaller automata, loads of marriage pieces and/or poorly enhanced pieces, bigging them up with disproportionately high estimates.