What is your dream machine?

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
jimmycowman

Re: What is your dream machine?

Post by jimmycowman »

That one on ebay was 12 to 18 month ago and I was the bidding on it. It went for 600 to 700 I'm sure. Anyway, there's one at Wooky Caves. Nice machine to play but it's not mine :dammit:
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I would love a single player coin pusher. I found the pushers by Cromptons the most amusing of machines when I was a lad, Crompton Cakewalk and then the later machine called Get Rich where the coins would stack in columns on their sides. If you got a coin to lie flat you would push out about 10 coins, get another one of their side, another 10... The most I ever got on their sides was 4, which was extremely rare. I did happen to see a single player Get Rich at Coles Amusements in Littlehampton, so I know they made them.

Secondly, I was always fascinated by the Tooti Fruti machines, and a similar upright one that had a revolving reel that paid 2, 3, 4 or 5 pennies, when your coin went into a hole hidden behind the image of skittles (the pennies would then replenish the slots on the wheel as the wheel turned, you would wait for a 4 or 5 coin line up before playing them). If you hit one of the skittles, you would win a 10 pence coin (anybody remember what this machine was called?).

Another on my wish list would be a Bullion. I used to love cranking up that pointer and it rattled around. Boy what an aggressive clunk it would make when you hit the win.

Another great machine for me, and not a relic, was a Bally with a target system at the top and hold and draw feature: 2,4,6,8 or 10 coins. You would always try and play the machines with slow lights, line up 3 targets on the reel and hit 10 every time with 2 or 3 holds rolling in afterwards.

Most of these machines above I could win every time. I would get 10 pence a week pocket money and head for the machines where the odds were better. The Tutti Fruiti had a knack where you could spin the coin in the slot to hit the cherry line and similar on the skittles machine. Coin pushers were a walkover, just wait for a nice stack and ping the coins in...

Oh, or course I would love a Jennings bandit, they are beautiful but out of my budget. I shall sit patiently and wait for a snip to turn up.
gameswat

conveyor

Post by gameswat »

I bought the rough Conveyor shown above, it actually cost 570.66 pounds and there were 26 bids. By the time I had it in aust it owed me approx $1900 Aud. I recently sold another restored example in aust for $4500 Aud, so I'm happy. A truly classic machine that people are always commenting on and love to bits, wish I had more!
slotalot

Re: conveyor

Post by slotalot »

Hi gameswa :D , Happy Christmas :cool: I stand corrected over the price, I thought it went for a lot more :oops: but on the plus side I was right when I said it went to Australia !!THUMBSX2!! , I was also bidding on this machine, have you got it working yet? all the best Stuart. :tarah:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Just finished the resto tonight on the Conveyor shown earlier in this thread. While ratty, it was basically complete, other than the back steel sheet and coin entry. Marquee glass is the original that I glued and resprayed to restore. Playfield was cleaned with hydrochloric acid to remove the rust staining that was showing though the paint. Sounds crazy but works if you use the acid on a rag sparingly. This was my second Conveyor but still took a good week's work.
Attachments
conveyor 2 mech_1_1_1.jpg
conveyor 2 front_2_1_1.jpg
conveyor 2 lhd_3_1_1.jpg
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Was also missing the rheostat now that I look at the before pics.
Attachments
conveyor asis mech_1_1.JPG
conveyor asis lhd_2_1.JPG
willborl

Post by willborl »

Wow looks great gameswat, good job!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

gameswat wrote:Just finished the resto tonight on the Conveyor
Hi gameswa :D , Top job mate !!THUMBSX2!! it's looking good.... Now it's worth £1000 of anyone's money!!!.... Well Done :tarah:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Well thank you for the compliments! But that one was easy. The first Conveyor I restored was a bitch. Came from John Greshams collection. An operator had added a lower cash door by removing the marquee and raising the door up. They at least stuck a new marquee on top, that appeared to have been made from the roof of an old allwin case, and kept the orginal name glass. I made my own water decal to replace the missing instuction lettering from the playfield. Even kept all the original varnish surviving on the case and matched my replaced wood to it. I think this was an earlier model as the case was all oak, not like all the others I've seen in the two tone cases with a different wood for the doors. I bought an average allwin at the same time just because it came with the two deco castings used either side of the marquee. I've since owned about three spare sets of the castings that came off allwins, so I guess an operator liked the look of them and went crazy.
Attachments
conveyor final_1_1.jpg
conveyor asfound_1_1.JPG
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

You certainly know how to restore them gamewat, brilliant !!

Did you also repaint the playfield backflash or have that professionally done?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Thanks. This one needed a lot of acid to remove all that playfield rust, but amazingly under it all was 3/4 very nice original paint. Blue sky seems to fade out the first, I repainted this using water based acrylic paint, then a few coats of clear laquer (with UV resist to stop any future fading) over the top to seal and even it out. I did the same thing on both glass marquees, carefully rubbed as much flaking yellow off with fine (0000) steel wool as possible. Then using a scalpel cut back any tougher bits. I scanned the lettering to make a print out, stuck this to some card and cut out the letters. I placed these on the back of the glass as masking, using nuts to weight them down. Don't need to be perfect as there's a thick black line around each letter that doesn't let any light through.Then sprayed the whole thing with about three fine mist coats of thinners based laquer that I matched to the colour. Practiced on a piece of clear plastic to get the right amount of coats to blend in with the red when it's back lit. I prefer to keep as many pieces of a resto as original as possible so even though this may sound like a lot of trouble to me it's the only way to go!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Now that is dedication................

well done gameswa, thanks for the detailed description I am sure this will help Jerry allot with his Conveyor restoration !!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Just updating my list.... it is now a S&L Sky Jump. Has anyone seen one for sale in recent times?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Is it just me or does this 1937 Silver Flash pinball on eBay right now look like the inspiration for the Conveyor art!?!?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PINBALL-MACHINE-C ... 450wt_1058
Attachments
conveyor 2 front_2_1_1.jpg
silver flash pinball.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

You took the words right out of my mouth !THUMBS! That's just what I thought when I saw it :tarah:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Currently restoring another Conveyor and while cleaning the four wheels noticed that all the long wires had been bent to make the losing sections larger and winning smaller! Never seen this done before because why would you bother when all you can possibly win is your Penny back. The whole idea of the rheostat is to be able to alter the motor speed up or down to suit the location players. To quickly get them all back to spec I made a basic jig by drilling a hole in a sheet of plywood for the shaft and marked a few pencil lines, just had to spin each wheel around and using a piece of tube bent each wire back into place.
Attachments
Left - as found.  Right - restored back to original specs.
Left - as found. Right - restored back to original specs.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

OK I know this an old thread, but since it was bumped....

dream machines, where price is no object?

the priciest would be 1937 Rockola World Series
1937 Rockola World Series 05.jpg

1937 Rockola World Series 06.jpg

the next most expensive? 1935 Par Golf
Par Golf.jpg

from Britain? The Hat Trick (1960s?)
the hat trick.jpg

from Japan? Round The World (1970s)
Round the World (japan) 2.jpg

and right now my savings goals are for one of these...
Deadpool (2018) or Godzilla (2021)
stern Deadpool Pro.jpg

stern godzilla pro.jpg

brigham

Post by brigham »

Anyone got a Crompton's Thre'penny Derby?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

A "Pace's Races" for me or if none are available a "Buckley Bones" as long as both include someone who can fix them if they go wrong :!?!:
paces races.jpg

bones1 top.jpg

roger

Post by roger »

One penny operated.............Put me down for 2 :lol: roger
Attachments
carousel.jpg