BM co

General vintage slot machine related topics.
led77

BM co

Post by led77 »

Hi all,
Well 2023 has seen my collecting scope broad and wide from slots, allwins, even a Duo Mat. During the year I have got two BM Co allwins and love them to bits. So for 2024 it is going to be my main area to buy any that take my eye and come up for sale.

Now a question that I belive PM and others may be able to help me on. I would like to get some historical Information of the company like where they built them. Also any Information that you could give me. It's not easy to find on the Internet. I do know the company didn’t survive the 2nd World war, which is sad due to the quality of their machines.

Many thanks and good luck for your collections in 2024.
Steve Watson
13rebel

Re: BM co

Post by 13rebel »

Hi Steve. Much information on British Manufacturing Company (and other British makers) can be found in Paul Braithwaite's excellent book 'Arcades and Slot Machines'. Click on menu, top left corner and go to 'Library' - it may be available from this site. Mr PM may come along to advise. In the meantime a brief description from that book is as follows:

Their earliest advertisement was in 1914 when they were located at 433 St Johns Street, London. BMCo moved to 366 Goswell Road, London EC1 in 1917. Charles Featherstone was the owner. Hard times in the 1930s brought about an injection of money by Frederick Bolland and a parent company called B.M.C. (Automatics) was formed in 1934. This company ceased at the start of WW2. Featherstone retired in 1946 and the company was permanently closed. At its peak it employed thirty people.
led77

Post by led77 »

Thanks for your information. I will try to track down a copy of the book.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

It's available from Carters website or joyland books. Just google it.
JC

Post by JC »

......or as far as I'm aware, still available from this site !THUMBS!
Support pennymachines **xXx**
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I agree JC, the option to buy from PM was suggested in the first reply by 13rebel, so I assumed that led77 had tried that.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Steve,
If you've not already sourced a copy, I can supply it (slightly cheaper than elsewhere). I've PM'd you the PayPal details.