Haworths of Blackpool was founded by Thomas Haworth who was active from 1922 when he patented a prize giving fairground game (GB179418). A further four patents were issued for fairground shooting and target games. Originally based at 23 Westcliffe Drive, Layton, before moving to Lytham Road where his address is 628 in 1930, 626 "Weldene" in 1935 and 638 "Roseway Works" by 1939. The World's Fair records four coin-operated games: a Laughing Clown (1931), Acrodarts, the Amazing Televisor and Winaway Pool (all in 1939). The company did not re-emerge after the war.