Harper


The Harper Automatic Machine Manufacturing Co. Limited, also trading as D. Harper & Co's Automatic Machines (Holloway Road RD. London. N.) manufactured a wide range of wall mounted and floor standing cigarette vending machines from the Automatic Works, Stafford Road, Waddon, Croydon, Surrey. The managing director, Percy Stephen Harper filed almost 50 British patents relating to improvements in vending apparatus (some of which were also filed in Germany, Denmark, Austria and Canada) between 1929 and 1944. It seems probable that trading had ceased by the end of WW2, but there is curiously little information available about this company.