Haydon and Urry


Haydon & Urry Ltd, headed by George Haydon and Frank Urry, produced phonographs and coin-operated machines from 34 Gray's Inn Road, London, moving in late 1896 to 353 Upper Street, Islington. They produced the Erascope 3D viewer and the Eragraph film projector, purportedly of their own design and manufacture, having applied for a patent on 10 February 1897 (it received provisional protection only). They also produced a small number of their own films. In 1900 the company became Automatic Machines Ltd., and continued in various forms, headed by Haydon's son George, producing gaming machines up to the Second World War.