Tom Boland


Tom Boland & Co. After operating slot machines with his brothers from 1926, Tom Boland began servicing fruit machines from 1942. The business specialized in importing and adapting American gambling machines for use by British operators. By the mid forties the company employed engineer J. Davies in converting three reel bandits to single reel and was based at 56a Elland Road, Leeds and trading as The Automatic Agency by the 1950s.